2002, Acquired Taste, Comedy, Mecha, Modern, Police, Sci-Fi
R1 License - Pioneer (Defunct)
|Only available as part of the Ultimate Edition(of Patlabor WXIII), these three theatrical short cartoons bring the real Patlabor stars back one last time, albeit in quite a different manner. Goto, Nagumo, and the rest have become super-deformed CGI puppets, and each of the shorts is a self-referential “instructional video” that gleefully shreds apart the Patlabor mythos. Goto talks at length about just how stupid the concept of a “Revolver Cannon” really is, Shige speculates on ways to sell more “Patlabor” merchandise by making the Ingrams transform, and Nagumo reveals the ludicrous truth behind Special Vehicles' mysterious source of income. MiniPato is one big in-joke, but folks in the know will find it hilarious, and it represents the first time Mamoru Oshii has written comedy since the Patlabor TV series ended over a decade ago.|
(Synopsis courtesy of Anime News Network).
 The Patlabor Franchise:
- Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor (OVA, 1988-89, 7 episodes, 30 min);
- Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor Gekijouban (Movie, 1989, 99 min);
- Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor (TV) (TV series, 1989-90, 47 episodes, 25 min);
- Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor (1990) (OVA, 1990-92, 16 episodes, 30 min);
- Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor 2 the Movie (Movie, 1993, 147 min);
- Patlabor WXIII (Movie, 2002);
- MiniPato (2002 Movie Extra).