Speaking of keeping thinks up to date....

Back to topics list
[post:288#2657]
Xenoknight

08/20/2008 04:43 PM

Reviews: 244

I noticed that Gift Eternal Rainbow had an ova ep. that nobody has reviewed yet, its not even on the site at all. You'll see that it was VERY suggestive and funny so perhaps someone could look into this, even though the anime itself was sub-par and has no rewatchability. It was a one timer.

Funniest line: "I saw the universe" You'll see why he said that soon enough!!!!!!

[post:288#2658]
Jan-Chan

08/20/2008 05:18 PM

Reviews: 599

Sounds like you might want to 'own' this issue ...

Sometimes we mention an OVA separately because its a series pilot, with the main TV series coming out a year later. (example Green Green OVA and Green Green)

Othertimes, the OVA is being marketed after the series (to cash in the popularity) and its actually just an 'extra episode' of the main series. When this happens, we typically update the main series entry to mention (or include) the OVA. (example - Ookami to Koushinryou).

And then there are those rare OVA episodes that go beyond the original series. Take the characters and basic story, but in a very different situation and then dive off the edge - when this happens, we typically will create a new series entry for the item (example - Green Green Erolutions, which is a hentai episode of the TV series).

If you feel up to it.. then do it.

Edited on 08/20/2008 05:39 PM.

[post:288#2659]
Xenoknight

08/20/2008 05:57 PM

Being my first review, i know its not 100% complete but i can fix it another time. i need a picture and how do you get the link that will return you to the original series page and vice-versa? That's more important than the picture itself because i use those links like crazy for referencing reasons.

[post:288#2660]
Xenoknight

08/20/2008 06:04 PM

LOL!!! That was fast man! Thanks for that Jan-Chan!!! That was funny how fast that happened!!!

[post:288#2661]
Jan-Chan

08/20/2008 06:23 PM

I am trying to find you the information to permit you to do this on your own, but .... dern if I can find it.

Basically, you find an image somewhere .... such as (1) ANIDB, (2) ANN or (3) AnimenNFO and then save it to your local hard drive.

One can also do a google search on 'images gift eternal rainbow', which might put you here ... Anime Wall Papers.

In any event, once you have an image stored on your local drive, you can then upload it to the MIKOMI server.

And then we have whole topic of capturing images from an anime series and then creating a image collage - such as Gift Ep One, which I then paired and cropped down to create

[post:288#2662]
Xenoknight

08/20/2008 06:29 PM

Thanks again man. i'm still laughing here!! The minute i posted that, you already had the picture and link up. The link is really all i need to know, i was just lazy with the picture. I'll take anything you can give me anyway since you are my senpai on this site. (LOL) I watch too much anime.

[post:288#2666]
Jan-Chan

08/20/2008 11:49 PM

YESH!!! It took me a while, but I finally found it .. You were asking about how to add the series links .. here is a (forum posting) Steampunk as a keyword. (Post #2292) that summarizes the sentence syntax for series redirects or links.

[post:288#2668]
Devil Doll

08/21/2008 12:33 PM

Reviews: 365

The easier way would have been to simply edit some synopsis that already contains such a link. ;-)

Rebecca's complete list of Wiki Namespaces can be found here.

One of the features we don't actually make use of so far is the [include] namespace that would allow us to create a separate Wiki entry for the complex relation list of a series in one location and then include it into each anime entry of the franchise in question without having to synchronize the content in a number of places.
The one disadvantage of this method would be that the text to be included would be identical, i. e. it would not be possible to tag it as "see also" but rather "see this list of entries for the whole franchise" instead.

Edited on 08/21/2008 12:47 PM.

[post:288#3113]
Xenoknight

10/03/2008 11:00 AM

I have a question about another forgotten anime like how I just remembered Seto no Hanayome (TV). There was an anime that had two main girls and they fought each other continually over protecting a boy I think it was or keeping their identity from the boy. One of the girls (evil one) summoned a girl who can transform into a giant wolf-like familiar (if I remember correctly) and the good one had a talking wand or sword that could transform into a rabbit or mouse (I can't remember). They would constantly fight each other and collect "shard pieces" that would erupt from the ground at various intervals for some purpose. The good one would always lose somehow because of her inexperience. I remember one episode where the evil one's big sister meets the good one and threatens her about something as they walk by in a public bath or spa. I know it was full of fan-service because of how much they let you see of the big sister's chest in the water. I cannot recall the name of this title for the life of me.

It was very interesting and I can't find it anywhere on this site (I know their is magic in it). It was subbed so I can't recall the japanese name. I hope someone knows what i'm talking about.

Edited on 10/04/2008 02:59 PM.

[post:288#3126]
Stretch

10/04/2008 07:18 PM

Reviews: 2087

This doesn't ring a bell. Was it comedy, or action, or both?

[post:288#3127]
Xenoknight

10/05/2008 12:03 AM

I only remember action. Lots of depression as well since the good one keeps losing to the bad one and losing those shards. I remember one of them looking like a pink witch (very colorful clothes). The intro clips were like Magikano almost, (I remember someone on a broom flying in the air). I think the evil one had an eye-patch. For both of them: it was collect the shards or else. I can't remember why they had to but it had the fate of the world at stake. Both of them had good reasons for collecting the shards as well.

Edited on 10/05/2008 06:12 AM.

[post:288#3128]
Stretch

10/05/2008 10:43 AM

I usually watch comedy so I doubt if I've seen this one. Sorry.

[post:288#3129]
Xenoknight

10/05/2008 11:21 AM

Thanks anyway for the consideration...

It's practically impossible to search through the web without the name. That is all I need yet that's the only thing i'm missing.

I recall them all being kids and the boy having no clue what is going on at night when the girls meet at the shard locations and fight it out. The battles were intense. I remember because of how the mouse familiar would always think of ways to outsmart the larger wolf familiar though its power and speed would always overwhelm the mouse. As for the girls, the good one was always growing in power but could never catch up to the evil one. It was like watching Naruto and Sauske fight. Really brutal stuff but no blood (I only saw like 3 eps in the middle of the series so I can't say for sure).

[post:288#3130]
Stretch

10/05/2008 11:55 AM

Could it be Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)? I did a web search with words like Anime, shards, wolf, mouse, and familiar, and several of them fit a description of this series.

[post:288#3131]
Xenoknight

10/05/2008 12:24 PM

Holy crap!!! Yes! How did I miss that? I can't believe it! Thanks Stretch. I owe you one big time.

[post:288#3133]
Stretch

10/05/2008 02:44 PM

You're welcome.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org