Current Fav List - Chapter 8

Back to topics list
[post:420#3693]
Xenoknight

12/08/2009 01:58 AM

Reviews: 244

With all that is in the world of anime, one may think that there should be a slight break period for recuperation. Never will that be the case it seems. The winter season is already upon us and it will carry us well into the New Year.

Here is the current breakdown of the guidelines:

*The intent is to provide an easy click space for visitors to access new series (or titles).
*Titles must be currently airing in Japan (or the pacific rim) or being fansubbed.
*Once licensed, the title should be removed from the list.
*Once a title completes airing overseas and being fansubbed, it should be removed within a week.
*Titles shall be decided by popular vote as presented and discussed in the forum.
*If two senior reviewers are in agreement, then a title can be added.

The list is to be sorted by (also can be used as "removal criteria"):

*General potential - arguable
*Enthusiasm by senior reviewers - arguable
*Frequency of updates

Here is the current list:

Nyan Koi!
Sora no Otoshimono
Kampfer
The Sacred Blacksmith
Whispered Words
11eyes
Kimi ni Todoke
Letter Bee
Book of Bantorra
Queen's Blade: Inheritor of the Throne
Natsu no Arashi! Akinai-chuu
White Album S2
Asura Cryin' 2
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Haruka Nogizaka's Secret 2
Needless
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Cross Game

The ANIME LINE-UP for this winter season looks ready and will be ripe for the picking soon enough. The titles that are on my 'must see' radar have to be:

Dance In The Vampire Bund
Omamori Himari
Chu-Bra!!
Seikon no Qwaser
Tokimeki Memorial 4: "The First Finder" - talk about C.A. factor. It's been a while for Tokimeki!
Aki-Sora

A strong theme this season has to be ecchi fan-service as far as I'm seeing. I can't wait...

Edited on 12/09/2009 03:28 PM.

[post:420#3696]
Forbin

12/08/2009 11:59 AM

Reviews: 478

I happen to like Fairy Tail for all of it's faults. Reused animation, but it's pretty funny.

[post:420#3805]
Stretch

01/08/2010 01:10 PM

Reviews: 2064

Hey, if you click on Katanagatari in Current Favorites you wind up at a show called Kuuchuu Buranko Kuuchuu Buranko.

Edited on 01/08/2010 01:10 PM.

[post:420#3806]
Forbin

01/08/2010 03:03 PM

Reviews: 478

Ok who put Book of Bantorra on the Favorites list when the last POSITIVE review was in October?

[post:420#3807]
Jan-Chan

01/08/2010 03:24 PM

Reviews: 599

Twas I...

I just was trying to take ownership and retire a few old series and add a few new ones. And while I may have added a few titles that have not yet aired, I figured that one of us would remove it should it not measure up to our expectations.

Hey, I am having a problem right in that some of the new titles (such as School of Bakas) are just not fun any more. I understand why someone decided to animate it (tis a fun story that the kids would like it) but it really does nothing for me. Am I perhaps getting jaded?

[post:420#3808]
Xenoknight

01/08/2010 04:22 PM

Reviews: 244

You aren't jaded JC. You could just give it more time.

And you're right about the current favs. I would've just updated it myself once more titles came out anyway so it's fine.

For Forbin: Once everything is out and confirmed, you should rearrange (within parameters) the list if you feel something is out of place or doesn't belong. Judging by frequency, if Book of Bantorra shouldn't be there, then by all means, do the honors.

[post:420#3809]
Stretch

01/08/2010 05:13 PM

Reviews: 2064

As for Kimi ni Todoke, three of five reviewers abandoned the show after four episodes or so, one made an initial entry in October and hasn't updated it at all, and one seems to still be going.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org