Possible promotion opportunity

Back to topics list
[post:356#3199]
Xenoknight

10/31/2008 09:30 PM

Reviews: 244

Hey Rebecca, I got an idea for you.

At my place of work, we have an anime section where we sell different anime titles. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback from the customers I sell anime to since I always recommend this site before they make any decisions. I would recommend different titles that I have seen (mostly any of my winners that have been licensed) while showing the customer this website for other positive reviews for any of their potential purchases. Like today for example, I was able to sell Rumbling Hearts after letting the customer read the synopsis we have posted here and she fell in love with it and bought 2 copies and then she came back and bought a couple of Kanon (2006) volumes!

Should/could I mention this site to the company and let them make a display or banner with this site on it? We could put it right above the anime wall to let customers know about this site even when i'm not around to tell them about it. I'm not sure about any legal ramifications that might arise if you agree. Would I need a signiture or can I just let them contact you with the details?

The choice is entirely up to you. I would really like to put this notion in motion. LOL ^_^

[post:356#3200]
Rebecca

11/12/2008 06:59 PM

Reviews: 23

Well, I'm certainly not opposed to anyone linking to the site, be it in the real world or online. =)

As far as I'm concerned this doesn't require my permission as long as it doesn't imply that the site is endorsing them.

[post:356#3201]
Xenoknight

11/12/2008 07:08 PM

Got'cha. I handle all the details then. We should start seeing a bunch of new recruits soon enough. Like my buddy MayorPaine and GrimTG for instance. LOL

Edited on 01/22/2009 06:39 PM.

[post:356#3202]
MayorPaine

11/13/2008 01:06 AM

Reviews: 2

HAHA... What's up guys. This is a cool site. I was looking for a site like this to really get into anime since I had no idea what was good or bad. I am, however, a little displeased with the look of the site. It needs an appealing layout. If no one has suggested it I guess I will.

[post:356#3203]
Jan-Chan

11/13/2008 01:42 AM

Reviews: 599

Well, keep in mind that simpler is sometimes better. While the site might not have a full range of spinning flaming pinwheels and glossy GIFs, it does not have any adverts or web-screen loading issues.

We only have one web site host (Rebecca), who has to split their time between their job, their family, their life and this site. So any changes have to be approved and implemented by them.

Remember that many other sites have a business tie-in (as in they are trying to sell you something)

[post:356#3204]
Xenoknight

11/13/2008 02:08 AM

It's just as Jan-Chan mentioned. Also, know that it took a long time for the site to get like this. It was much less than what you see now.

I see it as a very modular website - strong foundation but is always ready for an upgrade. There are features that aren't running at the moment and features that are on the way. Read the Feature Requests forums on what is what.

Besides, this plain look is great because a lot of other sites will try too hard and have those sites that are painful on the eyes. LOL

Edited on 11/13/2008 02:13 AM.

[post:356#3206]
MayorPaine

11/14/2008 06:06 PM

Reviews: 2

Well, let me clarify myself. I never said I wanted jaw dropping animations or pretty neon colors, it's just that if you guys really want to expand the site I just thought it could use an upgrade. The site has nothing wrong with it right now. I happen to be a design student so that's why I had that type of mentality. But anyways, this is a really cool community. I extend my kudos to Rebecca for running the site all by themselves.

[post:356#3207]
Rebecca

11/15/2008 08:41 AM

Reviews: 23

If someone wants to volunteer* to make it look better I'd be happy to integrate that. I'm a programmer, not a graphic designer. I've toyed the idea of getting a professional overhaul but couldn't really justify the $500-$1000 that'd run. =p

The site look is definitely reflective of when it was created... which was about ten years ago now. Heck, by the standards of '98 it looked really good. =D

* Really, I would have more broadly called for volunteers sooner but I was never all that hopeful that I'd get any. =)

Edited on 11/15/2008 08:43 AM.

[post:356#3274]
Xenoknight

01/22/2009 06:40 PM

Our list of reviewers has grown tremendously in such a short amount of time (wink wink)...

I hope to see more joining in the very near future. The more the merrier, right?

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org