Kendo girls suggestions

Back to topics list
[post:475#4394]
Devil Doll

08/23/2010 12:09 AM

Reviews: 365

Watching the recent Kendo Girls entries, I'm not up to the task of making image collections of this quality any more. (And some of my older entries there could certainly improved.)

So instead I try posting suggestions for potential Kendo Girls (very few of them have comedy elements though):

• Katsumi Liqueur of Silent Mobius, wizard with a knife at first, and a very special intelligent sword later; depressing sci-fi scenario with high-fantasy components. (Do the girls have to be normal humans?)
  • Aisaka Taiga of Toradora!; modern day scenario with comedy. Key episodes with kendo scenes: 1 and 16. (Perhaps even Sumire as well?)
  • Watsuji Aya of Interlude, archer girl; modern day scenario with... that would be a spoiler. (I might do that myself as Stretch hasn't seen this OVA yet.)
  • Lemmy Christopher Helen Miyauchi of To Heart and To Heart ~Remember My Memories~, ditzy half-american Kyudo club member; modern day scenario. (Same here.)
  • Himemiya Chikane of Kannazuki no Miko, archer girl (and moon princess); tragic modern day scenario with fantasy and mecha components. (I have the only review of that here, so...)
  • Kaori Kanzaki of To Aru Majutsu no Index, katana girl; first appearance in episode 4. Modern day scenario but with both fantasy and sci-fi components; the scenario has comedy but this character is quite serious.
  • Hikari Tsukishiro of Wind: A Breath of Heart TV, sword fighter (and more, but this contains spoilers). Gloomy modern day scenario with magical components.
  • Miko Kazuki of Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart, miko with shuriken and a long staff. Scenario not unlike Ikki Tousen which apparently qualified.
A mere knife as weapon doesn't count, right? (Iriya Kana of Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, modern day girl in a scenario with sci-fi touch, wields one and makes significant use of it on several occasions.)

[post:475#4395]
Jan-Chan

08/23/2010 12:25 AM

Reviews: 599

DD... CHEAP SHOT!!!

Stretch!! As gifted as DD is, he is asking for someone to think about (pls read - consider) adding certain character profiles to the Kendo Girls wiki-page.

Well, since you 'own' the kendo girls page, whatta u think?

[post:475#4396]
Devil Doll

08/23/2010 12:30 AM

Reviews: 365

Well, my graphics software (and knowledge about the subject) is ancient, and as Stretch is currently adding new entries there I just thought of giving him some input.

[post:475#4400]
Stretch

08/23/2010 11:46 AM

Reviews: 2083

Well, I feel that since I started the scrapbook I really ought to keep it going by adding a new character every now and then. Same goes for Screaming Anime Characters. And Busujima Saeko absolutely demanded to be included--she's like the ultimate kendo girl. I'm sure it took several hours to track down good images (I really like the one of her bringing her sword down on the back of a zombie's head--it took me half a dozen tries to save that exact frame), decide which one would be the 'backdrop', scale the others down, select the ones I had room for (trying to get general colors that 'go' together in a pleasing way), decide on the best arrangement, try it and see if it works, etc, etc. It takes a lot of work, and I've kind of fallen behind on even the characters that occured to me, much less being urged to add/improve ones by other people. For instance, there was a sword-armed girl in Ichiban that I really should have included. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that quality has priority over quantity nowadays. But of course the page doesn't 'belong' to me and anyone who wants to add a character is free to do so.

[post:475#4401]
Stretch

08/23/2010 11:53 AM

Reviews: 2083

By the way, my graphics software isn't particularly sophisticated--pretty much just the (Microsoft?) Paint program. I largely learned how to compose these collages by simply doing it. As evidence, take a look at the original kendo girl page at the bottom of the current one.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org