DONE: Sort reviews for an anime by Creation Date

Back to topics list
[post:303#2767]
Devil Doll

08/28/2008 08:51 AM

Reviews: 365

Currently the reviews for the same anime are sorted by Last Modification date instead of Creation date, the latter not even being visible to the audience.

I would prefer the Creation Date to be visible as it gives the better information about when the review was created.

What's more, I am often triggered to edit my own older reviews when reading a new review for the same anime (fixing spelling errors, updating statements about the anime being my so-and-so best one of a certain category, adding links to similar animes I watched only later and the like), giving the impression as if I were eager to have my review in the top position for this anime (which honestly isn't my intention). Thus sorting the reviews by Creation Date would allow me to edit older reviews without changing their display position within the page.

[post:303#2773]
Rebecca

08/31/2008 04:24 PM

Reviews: 23

Sadly, I don't actually store a creation date. For many of the reviews I can mine the first recorded change from the change log, though that didn't start until a couple of years after the site launched.

So as it turns out I was able to get very good numbers by just defaulting to the lastchanged field and then updating with the earliest date from the changelog table. The changelog goes back to June of 2000. The lastchanged field was added and inititialized on September 6th, 1999, so that's the earliest date in the system. There are hardly any reviews that are that old.

Now I can make it actually sort and display that... thar, done.

Edited on 08/31/2008 05:13 PM.

[post:303#2774]
Devil Doll

08/31/2008 09:04 PM

Reviews: 365

Perfect. Thanks a lot.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org