active connection = 200+

Back to topics list
[post:468#4278]
Jan-Chan

07/23/2010 04:39 PM

Reviews: 599

Say What??? The active connections counter normally reads between 50 and 60, and it suddenly jumps to 200+. Did someone mention this site on a popular blog or did we get mentioned in mainline newspaper?

Well, whatever! Attention is good, and as long as people enjoy this site, then our efforts are validated.

[post:468#4282]
Xenoknight

07/24/2010 02:13 AM

Reviews: 244

I can tell why. I've recently been promoted to Admin on an Anime community page on Facebook and my usual updates here are being posted over there as well. I'm sure it'll attract mostly good people who love anime.

I'm a little worried that there will be the occasional dirt bag that will come over here and raise hell, but we've dealt with it before and we'll deal with it again.

Expect it to get really interesting when Rebecca makes (or permits me/us to make) a Mikomi Facebook page. We may just get more attention then we could ever hope to bargain for....

Edit: I just saw 250!!!!!!

Edited on 07/24/2010 02:29 AM.

[post:468#4291]
Jan-Chan

07/28/2010 10:41 PM

Reviews: 599

Facebook anime admin, EH? Yep, I can see you doing a good job at something like that. Your temperament and demeanor have changed quite a bit since you have been posting to the MIKIOMI site, so being a FB admin seems a reasonable evolution of your skills.

I think that I can speak for others in saying that many of us pay attention to your review postings (not that we always agree with your opinions, but that is to be expected).

Question - You seem to be facebook savvy. What could we do to increase our facebook visibility and potentially recruit (or enlist) a half-dozen new anime-fans and reviewers?

[post:468#4292]
Xenoknight

07/29/2010 11:01 AM

That's easy. I get the Ok to start up a page dedicated to anime.mikomi.org. I would prefer Rebecca to start it up (at least) and I'll sail the ship from there. When possible (as in time permits), I would post our reviews over there (so make them pretty - LOL) and get people to click on them to read over here (like I've been doing for my own reviews). My weekly updates is already enough to get them to "peek their heads" (if you will) for the occasional spike in connections. Once enough people get used to linking over here, they will start liking our very unique style of reviews and start wanting to read from us first before those other big-wig sites with no soul. Those with enough male fortitude, will eventually dare to step to the plate and sign up to become a reviewer as well. If they turn out to be scumbags, well....we have our ways (cracking knuckles).

Before the restructure, we had a facebook button that would allow me to emphasize important forums/moments/reviews and post them straight to Facebook. Rebecca's Twitter thing is cool, but I'm the only fish that was willing to bite that bait unfortunately. We can do the same thing with Facebook, only we can reverse the conditions - any post here that hits the what's new page will instantly become an update over on Facebook. I know Rebecca's probably cringing right now if they're reading this as that type of work isn't cheap, but I would consider it a totally feasible proposition.

It'll be another extension of Mikomi by the time I'm done with it....

[post:468#4334]
Xenoknight

08/06/2010 11:19 AM

I've created a monster.... LOL

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org