So what manga titles are you currently enjoying?

Back to topics list
[post:374#3343]
Jan-Chan

02/26/2009 01:28 PM

Reviews: 599

I happen to be enjoying a quirky little low-key high school romance story called
Mysterious Girlfriend X

http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/series/794/mysterious_girlfriend_x/

[post:374#3344]
Forbin

02/26/2009 06:17 PM

Reviews: 478

It's not bad, I don't like the direction it is going with the 'Ex' now.

• Change 1-2-3 - For my ecchi fighting
  • Hayate - Of course
  • Gantz - Of course
  • Nagasarete Ariantou
  • Watashi No Tamara Kun - Well I DID like this until I read the ending.
  • Negima - If I'm the mode for 100 chapters of nothing happening (Aka Dragonball)
  • Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Not on a regular basis.

[post:374#3345]
Ggultra2764

03/04/2009 03:57 PM

Reviews: 2354

I'm not a regular reader of manga. But, I have been enjoying keeping a regular eye on developments with Gunslinger Girl and Ouran High School Host Club.

[post:374#3347]
Violet D

03/07/2009 07:32 AM

Reviews: 131

Manga huh? Lets see I have read Fruits Basket, Full Moon, Blindfold, The ever popular Vampire Knight, Bleach,. So many I would have to make a list Oh Vampire Kisses. Also the Author of Fruits basket has come out with a new one Phantom Prince. I enjoy them all and even read them more than once.

[post:374#3348]
Violet D

03/07/2009 07:32 AM

Reviews: 131

Manga huh? Lets see I have read Fruits Basket, Full Moon, Blindfold, The ever popular Vampire Knight, Bleach,. So many I would have to make a list Oh Vampire Kisses. Also the Author of Fruits basket has come out with a new one Phantom Prince. I enjoy them all and even read them more than once.

[post:374#3349]
AstroNerdBoy

03/07/2009 09:00 AM

Reviews: 419

Week-to-week -- no doubt, Negima!. BTW, Forbin, if you are current with Japan, I have a few spoiler images for this week's chapter up. ^_^

I suppose that all of the manga I buy is being enjoyed -- Negima! (obviously), Gakuen Alice, Fruits Basket, Hayate the Combat Butler, and School Rumble.

[post:374#3350]
Stretch

03/07/2009 11:59 AM

Reviews: 2087

To be honest, I really don't read all that much manga. I'm trying to keep up with something like 25 different anime series concurrently, and I have a couple of other hobbies, so I don't have much time left to read. So only my favorites get read as manga--sort of like how I once enjoyed Star Wars and Aliens so much that I read the book versions. I've never read an entire manga from volume one to the end, but I've read bits of City Hunter, Scryed, Cutey Honey, and (believe it or not) Hyperdoll. I recently ordered the final volume of Mahoromatic, because the end of the anime was confusing and AstroNerdBoy said this would explain things better, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I think the only manga I've ever read (part of) which hadn't already appeared as a anime series would be Yotsunoba, because I liked Azumanga Daioh. Perhaps Forbin's tip on the Buttobi CPU manga will get me to read some manga, since it should contain some fresh material that wasn't in the anime. A long time ago I used to draw some cheesy comics myself (one was a sequel/ripoff of Aliens), but I'd be mortified if anybody saw them today.

[post:374#3351]
AstroNerdBoy

03/07/2009 01:00 PM

Reviews: 419

I don't read too many manga titles, but I do like them as reading material just before going to sleep.

[post:374#3352]
Forbin

03/07/2009 05:15 PM

Reviews: 478

OOT

btw some best buys are having a 50% sale on all anime. They are getting rid of anime in most stores.

[post:374#3408]
Jan-Chan

04/03/2009 09:00 PM

EHHH!!! Forbin (and others...)

Pls consider checking out this cute manga series - Double Arts (at MangaFox)

A boy and a girl are forced to join hands for all eternity!? In a land ravaged by an epidemic known as "Troy", the only people with healing arts capable of stopping the seizures caused by the disease are the Sisters. Although they have a high resistance to the disease, they are searching for a person who is truly immune, if they exist, so that they can find a cure. The main character is Sister Elraine, one of the Sisters who becomes infected with Troy. But, when she touches Kiri, a seemingly ordinary boy, her seizures stop. Could he be the one!?

[post:374#3624]
Jan-Chan

10/01/2009 03:05 AM

Found another interesting manga series - Vinland Saga (manga). It kind of ties in with the Guinn Saga, but is set on the English isle during the 10th century. It appears to be highly rated.

Thorfinn is son to one of the Viking's greatest warriors, but when his father is killed in battle by the mercenary leader Askeladd, he swears his intent to have revenge. Thorfinn joins Askeladd's group in order to challenge him to a duel, and ends up caught in the middle of a war for the crown of England.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org