Galaxy Angel

Back to topics list
[post:134#1069]
AstroNerdBoy

11/25/2005 07:41 PM

Reviews: 419

There are four series in this franchise, and I guess the initial creator of the page tried to mash them all together. ^_^; I have created pages for each series, which Stretch currently is watching (just a head's up).

[post:134#1070]
Forbin

11/25/2005 08:24 PM

Reviews: 478

Hehe, that was me!

Well in all honestly is there any real difference between each season? Isn't it really just 200 episodes of girls getting into trouble? I didn't think there was a need for 4 separate pages of the same synopsis over and over.

BTW Galaxy Angel A is listed on ANN with a 12/27/05 release date.

[post:134#1071]
AstroNerdBoy

11/25/2005 09:45 PM

They aren't "seasons" but "series" which is the difference. ^_^

Seasons run in numbers of 12, 13, 24, or 26 (for the most part). There is an understandable confusing on the part of us non-Japanese about this because we don't have access to all of the materials telling us exactly how many seasons are in which title. If the series doesn't change titles while adding episodes (ie: Inuyasha which I think had 6 seasons and 167 episodes) do get lumped together. However, if they get a name change (ie: Slayers), they are a new (howbeit sequel) series. ^_^

Also, Galaxy Angel Z is in a completely different format, much like Adventures of the mini-goddesses was for the original Aa! Megami-sama! OVA or Taiho Shichauzo! Specials was for Taiho Shichauzo! (OAV)/Taiho Shichauzo! (TV).

Galaxy Angel A: Vintage: 2002-10-06 to 2003-03-31 (Japan) ^_~ Is the release date you refer to for the DVD's?

[post:134#1072]
Forbin

11/26/2005 05:45 PM

The only difference I found in Z was that the girls are doing things that they normally don't do. (Take Vacations, eat a fish, blow up a galaxy, meet the original Fairy Brigade). It's not like Mini goddesses which take a anime and turn it into a farce. The whole Angel series is a farce.

But yes the DVD's R1 are going to be released on 12/27. Right before new years? What a strange release date.

But Like I said, do we really need 4 different entries for a collection of episodic episodes that just focus on 5 girls doing crazy things? It's not like Girls Bravo which actually has 2 different seasons with a completely different focus (Nude and Not Nude), if you saw Galaxy angel out of order you will not notice much of a difference except for the animation quality.

[post:134#1073]
AstroNerdBoy

11/26/2005 08:15 PM

Again, the fact that each series is more of the same is not the point. One could argue that all of the You're Under Arrest titles should be lumped together because really they are all just more of the same. If a series gets a new name, it becomes a new season and in my opinion, should be reviewed as such.

I do find it ironic that Girls Bravo got split into two reviews when I don't see that the series was actually given a different name in its 2nd season. Fansubbers did use "Second Season" so maybe there was a name-change, but outside of them, I really haven't seen the name-change. Then again, I haven't watched the series to know if in the 2nd season the title screen reflects this.

Believe me, I'm very much against making new entries based soley on seasons. However, if it becomes a string of sequel series, then I want it broken down because I like to see how each series compared to the former. Also, I like knowing that a Love Hina has many elements, that get lost in the R1 release (how some episodes are OAV's for example). ^_^

[post:134#1074]
AstroNerdBoy

11/26/2005 08:17 PM

"If a series gets a new name, it becomes a new season and in my opinion, should be reviewed as such."

What I meant to say was, "If a series gets a new name, it becomes a new series and in my opinion, should be reviewed as such."

Thanks! ^_^;;;;;;

[post:134#1075]
Forbin

11/26/2005 08:49 PM

Too bad we can't edit.

Well Girls Bravo second season has new titling (GB Second Season). It was NOT put in there by the fansubbers. So yes it's a new title. (Too bad it's shown all together on the R1 Release).

My real quibble with Galaxy Angel is that I really don't want to keep writing a review for the other series when they are really the same as first season. Owells. I hope they don't get neglected.

[post:134#1076]
Devil Doll

11/26/2005 09:11 PM

Reviews: 365

That's what the "See also" links in the synopsis are there to prevent.

[post:134#1077]
AstroNerdBoy

11/27/2005 09:23 AM

Forbin said: "Well Girls Bravo second season has new titling (GB Second Season). It was NOT put in there by the fansubbers. So yes it's a new title. (Too bad it's shown all together on the R1 Release)."

Cool. Now that I know that, I have no problem with the "2nd Season" page. ^_^

As for these things being shown all together in the R1 release, that happens a lot for R1 titles. I believe this is due to the fact that most anime fans are casual fans and won't care if episodes are OAV's, "Series 1", "Series 2", etc. It is us more hardcore fans that care about such things.

[post:134#1078]
Forbin

11/27/2005 02:17 PM

True true, my thing about Second Season is it is the LAST episode of the 3rd disk. So if you are watching the first 11 episodes say first season and for some reason Geneon blocked out the names in the Eyecatch. For the last episode it has a new OP, they left the eyecatch in, and it even appears to have a different animation director. It's really jarring to watch right after you see episode 11 and go right into S2 #12

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org