Adverts and promontional endorsements.

Back to topics list
[post:406#3540]
Jan-Chan

07/30/2009 04:25 PM

Reviews: 599

One of our prolific and creative reviewers has opted to post a personal/promo ICON into a review - see Aoi Hana.

MIKOMI is currently free of such ads, popups and such income producing distractions (other than the AMAZON links).

These types of promo boxes are common in discussion forums and blog sites, but I don't think that they are appropriate for reviews, and should probably be kept to a reviewers profile page.

Does anyone else have an opinion?

[post:406#3541]
Forbin

07/30/2009 05:22 PM

Reviews: 478

HUH? I have no idea what you are talking about.

[post:406#3542]
Stretch

07/30/2009 05:52 PM

Reviews: 2087

You mean the tiny white box with a red 'x' on it (I don't know what the computer term would be)? I click on it but nothing happens.

[post:406#3543]
Jan-Chan

07/30/2009 06:09 PM

[post:406#3544]
Xenoknight

07/30/2009 10:59 PM

Reviews: 244

I see where this is going...

That is a fair opinion you have there Jan-Chan. The only problem I have with removing it is that I can't expect people to have to click on my page just to see what I'm up to every time I post an update. I don't need to update my page that often just the same. People are far more likely to click on a recent anime update then they are on the actual reviewers' page. That is just how I see it.

I could remove it and leave it on my page, but that only means I'll have to try even harder in my reviews to get people to see where I'm coming from as well as putting a little variety to Mikomi.

If you still feel the same way, then I'll remove it and do things the other way.

[post:406#3551]
Rebecca

09/09/2009 05:00 PM

Reviews: 23

Hmm, well, gamer cards and things like them can be a nice way of giving yourself some identity beyond the raw reviews... maybe I can look at some way of letting reviewers include a little identifying mark with their reviews... maybe a little right aligned box at the top of the review? That way it wouldn't significantly lengthen the page, and it'd give you that sense of reviewer identity as you started to read the review.

[post:406#3552]
Xenoknight

09/10/2009 12:03 AM

Reviews: 244

Thank you for noticing that Rebecca. That was my only intention behind the gamer card.

Having found 7 people who like my reviews that sent me friend requests on the Xbox is like receiving a small thank you when I think about it. We all game together and discuss anime all the time now. I see it as a way to combine the two forms of media and have everyone (who are gamers) benefit from it. I'm sure all of our non-gamers can find similar uses for their identity mark.

Your idea for personalizing the reviews is golden. I look forward it.

Edited on 09/10/2009 12:06 AM.

[post:406#3553]
Jan-Chan

09/10/2009 10:38 AM

Cool ... well, Rebecca did said that they were thinking about updating the web site and its image. So maybe gamer cards and such are things in line with the 'new way'. My main concern is with image-leaching (links to off site images & such).

It seems like some forum sites have gotten swollowed up in all of various posters tags and banners (.... such as this one or this one perhaps. Even the discussion forum at Animesuki have gotten busy with people's banners, flags and adverts - Princess Lover forum. )

PS - off site linking can be a real biatch, especially when the image-link goes dead. I have updated so many dead YOUTUBE OP/ED links that I have lost count.

Oh .. Tx Rebecca... for stepping on the myleatherfetish posting......

Edited on 09/11/2009 01:43 PM.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org