YouTube Video postings being terminated

Back to topics list
[post:276#2562]
Jan-Chan

05/31/2008 05:34 PM

Reviews: 599

Sigh .. Just when I thought that we were doing a good service to the anime fandom by posting youtube video links for promos and opening sequences for various series, I am surprised to find out that a (large) number of the posting links have been 'voided' or deleted on the youtube_site due to 'violation of use'.

When checking the mikomi site or updating any of your reviews, pls take a minute to click on any posted youtube-links to see if they are still valid.... and update as needed.

I will do some more research to find out as to who or what criteria is being used to cancel any such links.

More later

[post:276#2564]
Devil Doll

06/02/2008 05:34 PM

Reviews: 365

Some of the videos were "deleted by user", some were "removed due to violation", and I've seen at least 4 of them that have been removed due to an explicit copyright violation (name of company asking for the removing is explicitly stated). All of these 4 have been easily replaceable by other YouTube videos of course...

Result of my checking today:

left as is (due to lack of replacement):
Seikai no Monshou, I's Pure.

fixed (by linking to another video at YouTube): Asatte no Houkou, Piano, Lodoss Tou Senki (OAV), Alien Nine, Rahxephon, Cossette no Shouzou, Chobits, Shuffle!, Air TV, Koi Kaze, Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Tsuyokiss Cool X Sweet.

fixed & improved: Kanon (2006) (now creditless OP&ED), Wonderful Days (now longer trailer).

improved: Kyuuketsuki Miyu (TV) (better quality), Love Hina (now without uploader ad), Aquarian Age (now creditless OP&ED)

added: Ima Soko ni Iru Boku, Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion, Interlude, Kimagure Orange Road (TV), Kimagure Orange Road OVA 1, Love Hina Again, Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~, Gekijouban Aa! Megami-sama!,Aru Tabibito no Nikki, Aa! Megami-sama: Chichai tte Koto wa Benri da Ne, Aika, Akane Maniax, Ao no 6-gou.

[post:276#2565]
Jan-Chan

06/02/2008 05:48 PM

Reviews: 599

My .. my ... mai ... you have been busy.

Have you tried seaching youtube.com using the Japanese characters or name for a series? Often times one can find a YT vid without any subtitles or listed fansub credits.

[post:276#2566]
Devil Doll

06/02/2008 09:48 PM

That's exactly the reason why I added a few Japanese anime names to the CAR data today.

A few more YouTube links:

fixed: Gosyusho-sama Ninomiya-kun, Kamichu!

improved: Kannazuki no Miko (+ED)

added: Battle Programmer Shirase, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Buttobi CPU, DearS, Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Jo, Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Ha, Gantz, Green Green, Gunsmith Cats, Hoshi no Koe, Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny, Iria Zeiram the Animation, Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko, Kita He, Nana, Nodame Cantabile

[post:276#2567]
Devil Doll

06/03/2008 09:17 PM

Some more YouTube links:

fixed: Saishu Heiki Kanojo, School Days (TV)

improved (all creditless now): Ai Yori Aoshi, Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~, REC

added: RahXephon - Tagen Hensoukyoku, Saber Marionette R, Saishuuheiki Kanojo - Another Love Song, Sakura Tsuushin, Silent Mobius The Motion Picture 1, Silent Mobius The Motion Picture 2, Sky Girls (OVA), Sky Girls (TV), Spriggan, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Tenshi no Tamago, Triangle Heart 3: Sweet Songs Forever, Youma, Yume de Aetara, Aa! Megami-sama - Tatakau Tsubasa, Air in Summer, Gekijouban Air, Azumanga Web Daioh, Azumanga Daioh: The Movie, Bubblegum Crisis, Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru, Chibits, Dragon Knight 4, Gin'yu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe Wieder, Girls Bravo, Girls Bravo - Second Season, Ikki Tousen, Kaze no na wa Amunejia, Crystania no Densetsu, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, Boku no Chikyuu o Mamotte, School Days OVA, Seikai no Monshou Movie

That was checking all animes I have reviewed here; for other animes I can't exactly say whether a particular YouTube clip is really the OP for an anime (as opposed to a fan AMV).

[post:276#2586]
AstroNerdBoy

06/30/2008 10:00 AM

Reviews: 419

I think you'll find that this will be a never-ending job in fixing YouTube links. If the title is license and the YouTube clip isn't put out by the licensing company, they are going to take it down. If they don't, the Japanese likely will. :-/

[post:276#2589]
Devil Doll

06/30/2008 11:36 AM

I don't see this as a real problem. Look at my postings above, the vast majority of changes was to add links, not to fix them.

I am more concerned about not getting to know that any such link will be outdated (and thus frustrating our visitors) than about fixing resp. removing it... if I had access to the server database I'd surely come up with some periodical checking procedure (requesting the YouTube HTML page and parsing it for the Shockwave player object, for example) to automatically generate a report of all "broken links" to YouTube. Which of course would be much easier if the database table had a separate entry for the YouTube number instead of merely holding a free formatted HTML link within the synopsis section... sigh.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org