Harem genres

Back to topics list
[post:560#6177]
KBanger1

01/25/2014 05:11 AM

Reviews: 118

I'd like to get some thoughts on this because it seems that there might be a trend starting. It could just be me but with the recent influx of anime for the past year or so I've been watching, the harem genre seems to be slowly moving away from good stories to just huge boobs and perverted heroes. I just finished up a review for Maken-Ki and it just hits me. Most of what I see now is exactly what I reviewed. Weak plots and overdone female characters. Is this a sign of what the target audience wants to see, or is it just me. I mean, I haven't really seen a good harem anime since Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki and it's sad. Am I just over thinking this? I mean look at these anime and tell me I'm wrong: Maken-Ki, High School DxD, Samurai Girls, Majikoi Oh!.

[post:560#6178]
Stretch

01/25/2014 09:31 AM

Reviews: 2063

It seems to me that anime makers have concluded that a harem series is one of the cheapest, easiest ways to produce a fairly successful anime, since the sex alone will guarantee a fair number of viewers no matter what the quality of the show. If you're tired of increasingly generic harem series (like I am), and would like to watch a show which actually ridicules the harem genre, I recommend Seitokai no Ichizon: Hekiyou Gakuen Seitokai Gijiroku and the sequel Seitokai no Ichizon Lv. 2.

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org