DONE: Guys in Anime

Back to topics list
[post:392#3474]
Violet D

05/26/2009 04:06 PM

Reviews: 131

It is a broad topic. I will admit and there are alot of them out there. Inuyasha, Souske, Spike, Kenshen, Mujen,. Too many to remember.

I don't know how I would go about it. Have a great day.

yours,

Violet D

[post:392#3475]
Xenoknight

05/27/2009 01:20 AM

Reviews: 244

Violet, you know you don't have to start a new forum every time, right? As for how to go about it:

1. Click on edit your profile and pick a place to write about starting your new section "Guys in Anime" or whatever title you pick as the final title. It doesn't matter where you type it and you can always fix it later. The title is important because it cannot be changed unless you're willing to start all over from scratch.

2. Before you type the title, put brackets around it. For example: (open bracket)Guys in Anime(close bracket). When you're done, save the changes like normal.

3. When you check your profile again (not in edit mode), "Guys in Anime" will have a link and you can enter the link to edit your new wiki page. You can add pictures there, make the rules and such and we will follow them accordingly.

You can also see your wiki page and all the others here. If you have any concerns, just post them in this forum. You don't have to make a new one.

Try it out and have fun.

Edited on 05/27/2009 01:57 AM.

[post:392#3476]
Jan-Chan

05/27/2009 02:41 AM

Reviews: 599

Hold on ... we would like to create a wikipage, which is a bit different.

If Violet is willing to suggest two or three 'titles' or headers for the wikipage, then we will create it and build a shell, which could then be updated and amended as required.

I would suggest 'Anime Idiots in Love', but that might be a bit too cynical.

Maybe 'Ninja Boyz' or perhaps 'Bishonen Boyz', I don't really don't know.

[post:392#3477]
Xenoknight

05/27/2009 03:27 AM

I'm a bit confused.

You mean her main page will have sub-sections that we all could control as needed?

I was thinking it would be like the Kendo Girl Scrapbook or something.

[post:392#3478]
Jan-Chan

05/27/2009 04:47 AM

Reviews: 599

Yep, it would be just like the Kendo Girls page, but there are a few tricks that need to be done to set it up correctly. One trick is to use the '_' (underscore) key instead of empty spaces. This creates a text_string which has a few different properties to just a <collection of words> separated by spaces.

I just want to help. Setting up a wikipage can be odd to someone who has not done it before.

[post:392#3479]
Stretch

05/27/2009 09:56 AM

Reviews: 2080

Isn't there a list of Mikomi wikipages somewhere? I stumbled across it once but can't remember where it was.

[post:392#3480]
Xenoknight

05/27/2009 10:10 AM

Yeah

I like the Ninja Boyz theme and we can probably get away with Action Alphas (for Alpha males). Something along those lines maybe.

Let's do this. I'm ready.

@ Stretch: in DONE: Guys in Anime (Post #3475), where I typed here at the end.

[post:392#3484]
Violet D

05/29/2009 02:34 PM

@Violet D in 3474 wrote: It is a broad topic. I will admit and there are alot of them out there. Inuyasha, Souske, Spike, Kenshen, Mujen,. Too many to remember. I don't know how I would go about it. Have a great day.

Xenoknight I forgot the Brackets my Bad. yours,

Violet D

[post:392#3485]
Violet D

05/30/2009 09:09 PM

@Violet D in 3474 wrote: It is a broad topic. I will admit and there are alot of them out there. Inuyasha, Souske, Spike, Kenshen, Mujen,. Too many to remember. I don't know how I would go about it. Have a great day. Ok I did what you suggested and still not doing it right. This is not your fault I'm just computer savy. Usually I play around till I get it right. But I wanted to thank-you Xenoknight for all your help. I'm still working on it and as I have always told the kids I teach never give up.

yours,

Violet D

[post:392#3486]
Xenoknight

05/30/2009 09:45 PM

Thanks for the thanks Violet, but there is another plan we're working on for your idea. It will turn out a little different then the way I showed you. Jan-Chan mentioned it in DONE: Guys in Anime (Post #3476) and in DONE: Guys in Anime (Post #3478).

All you really need to do is think of more names for the sections. I liked Ninja Boyz for one section and maybe Gullible Guys for another portion. Something along those lines. It can be as many sections as you want. The names are really the hardest part so just focus on that for now. Remember, there is no rush so take your time and don't stress over it too much. The page will start when you give the word, so we'll set it up for you. You call the shots on this one.

As for my original directions for starting it:

I will do a test page just to show how it works and I'll label it TEST. First use an open bracket to open it and then put the title TEST. Then close the bracket. So it'll look like this in the end: [TEST]. The link should appear like so:

TEST

I'll even edit it to say Never stop watching anime! You can edit it again if you want to write something else.

You can use this to start up more of your ideas later in the future if the need ever arises. If you look at the master list, you should see my TEST wiki page is already there. This is the simpliest way of doing it. Your page will be a bit different though.

Edited on 05/30/2009 09:58 PM.

[post:392#3487]
Violet D

05/31/2009 11:06 AM

@Violet D in 3485 wrote:

@Violet D in 3474 wrote: It is a broad topic. I will admit and there are alot of them out there. Inuyasha, Souske, Spike, Kenshen, Mujen,. Too many to remember. I don't know how I would go about it. Have a great day. Ok I did what you suggested and still not doing it right. This is not your fault I'm just computer savy. Usually I play around till I get it right. But I wanted to thank-you Xenoknight for all your help. I'm still working on it and as I have always told the kids I teach never give up. Yes I like your suggestions for the titles. Here is another one- Rescuers,Demons or just regular guys. Thinking about Majen Detective, Vampire Knight and of course Inuyasha.

yours,

Violet D

[post:392#3497]
Violet D

06/07/2009 09:36 AM

@Violet D in 3487 wrote:

@Violet D in 3485 wrote:

@Violet D in 3474 wrote: It is a broad topic. I will admit and there are alot of them out there. Inuyasha, Souske, Spike, Kenshen, Mujen,. Too many to remember. I don't know how I would go about it. Have a great day. Ok I did what you suggested and still not doing it right. This is not your fault I'm just computer savy. Usually I play around till I get it right. But I wanted to thank-you Xenoknight for all your help. I'm still working on it and as I have always told the kids I teach never give up. Yes I like your suggestions for the titles. Here is another one- Rescuers,Demons or just regular guys. Thinking about Majen Detective, Vampire Knight and of course Inuyasha. Yo, I didn't want to leave you hanging and I still want to give a tribute to the guys in Anime and hey it is almost Dads' day. so what could be a better time to do it. So I'm going to try and regroup my mind Ha,HA, and work on it. Have a great one.

yours,

Violet D

Reply to this topic Start a new topic
Back to topics list

Community Anime Reviews

anime mikomi org